Thank you for shopping at Volition Bags. Since your investment is a luxury leather, proper tender loving care will increase the longevity of your backpack.
Proper care is important for preventing the leather from drying out and cracking. Also, avoid excessive moisture that could cause the leather to swell or mildew.
Investing in the care for your leather backpack will pay long term dividends for your Volition Bag. Please follow this guide to ensure your bag remains soft yet durable and maintains its rich classy look for years to come.
Things you will need: Leather cleaner, leather conditioner, soft cotton cloth, bubble wrap, breathable bag such as a pillowcase or the cloth storage bag we provided.
1) Handle your backpack with clean hands.
- Leather is susceptible to absorbing grease and oils. Using your cotton cloth, dampen it but be careful to not use excessive water. Leather takes time to dry.
- Depending on use, wipe down your leather bag with a damp cloth 1-2 times per week.
- From wiping it down with the damp cloth, some moisture might be absorbed into the leather fibers. This is unlikely because a special water-repellency wax has been applied.
- Should areas appear to be damp, allow the bag to air dry.
2) Clean using a leather cleaner. Make sure the cleaner is specifically for leather.
- First and most important, test the cleaner in an unnoticeable area of the bag.
- This cleaner should be applied in a circular motion and wiped off with the dampened cloth.
- This application could be done one or two times a year or if you prefer every 3 months.
3) Moisturizing your bag with a leather conditioner.
- Like the cleaner, make sure the conditioner is for leather.
- Test the conditioner in an unnoticeable area of the bag.
- This will keep the leather supple.
4) Remove stains as soon as you notice them.
- Organic stains from food or blood can be removed by placing crushed white chalk on the stain overnight. Dust the chalk off with a clean cloth.
5) When storing your bag for long periods, place bubble wrap inside the bag and its compartments.
- Store the bag in the cloth storage bag we provided.
- If you just cleaned your bag, allow it to air dry completely before storing.
- Release buckles and straps so impressions or creasing does not occur.
- Store the bag in cool, dry place. Slight humidity is preferred, however ensure air flow so mildew will not form.
6) Keep your leather away from direct sunlight or heat if your bag gets waterlogged.
- It can be tempting to throw the bag in front of a heater, use a hair dryer, leaving it out to dry in sunlight. Do not ever do this! Leather is just like skin – when it gets wet and heated right away it can shrink or dry out too quickly.
- Let your bag dry out naturally and be patient in letting it dry.
- Leather fades over time and storing leather in direct sunlight can speed up the fading process.